The city of Chicago as well as attendees from all over the world are preparing for the kickoff of Lollapalooza 2014 this weekend. The sold out annual festival will host one of its most impressive lineups to date, but the fun does not end there. Lollapalooza goers can look forward to festival traditions such as Chow Town, Around the Park, Farmers Market, Green Street, Lolla Cares, and Kidzapalooza. For those who don’t know about these festivals within the main event, they are almost just as anticipated as the famous acts themselves. The foodies, kids, philanthropists, environmentalists, (and those who just enjoy scoring a free T-shirt) of Lollapalooza can get a break from the musical madness and feed their appetites for anything from local Chicago grub, to environmentally friendly goods, free gear, and child-appropriate bands.
The Untitled Magazine has put together a Lollpalooza Survival Guide for those who plan to attend!
- Plan transportation ahead. Public transportation is always a great way to avoid the overwhelming traffic surrounding the event, particularly at the end of the night.
- Dress appropriately! Music festivals are a great opportunity to showcase the most current and ballsy trends that you may not be sporting everyday, but keep in mind the heat as well as the mud the show has seen in the past. You will want to wear something you don’t mind getting dirty by the end of the day.
- Pack a bag with everything you could possibly need throughout the day. Money, ID, and tickets are no brainers, while plenty of water to keep you hydrated and a great sunscreen are definitely staples. Remember that you can never be over prepared for the long day ahead.
- Prioritize! Make sure you have a set idea of the acts you definitely don’t want to miss, and the ones you don’t mind scheduling your bathroom and food breaks for.
- Get ready for Recovery. Music festivals can certainly take a toll on the body, and you need to plan accordingly to make sure you are rejuvenated after the fact. Be sure to stock your fridge with water, Gatorade, or anything you use to rehydrate as well as reserving a block of time to catch up on all that lost sleep.
Here is the official Lollapalooza 2014 lineup by day:
Friday, August 1st: Eminem, Arctic Monkeys, Lorde, Zedd, Above & Beyond, Broken Bells, Interpol, Lykke Li, Phantogram, CHVRCHES, The Glitch Mob, Portugal. The Man, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, AFI, J. Roddy Walston & The Business, The Kooks, Rudimental, Iggy Azalea, Bombay Bicycle Club, Warpaint, Kodaline, Sander Kleinenberg, Lucius, Blood Orange, Perry/Etty vs. Joachim Garraud, Jagwar Ma, Temples, Vic Mensa, Francisca Valenzuela, Into It. Over It., Courtney, Barnett, Sam Fermin, Roadkill Ghost Choir, Brillz, Jacob Plant, The So So Glos, Cash Cash, Bebe Rexha, Wallpaper., Dugas, Bagheera, Of Verona, Highly Suspect
Saturday, August 2nd: Outkast, Calvin Harris, Foster The People, Krewella, Nas, Spoon, The Head and the Heart, Chase & Status, Cut Copy, Fitz & The Tantrums, Grouplove, Gramatik, Jenny Lewis, Manchester Orchestra, John Butler Trio, Martin Garrix, Phosphorescent, Duke Dumont, The Temper Trap, Joachim Garraud, Typhoon, Z-Trip, Kate Nash, Vance Joy, Rich Homie Quan, Parquet Courts, Smallpools, Jungle, Wildcat! Wildcat!, Papa, The Districts, Herobust, Royal Blood, Ratking, Meg Myers, Joywave, Desert Noises, Jon Batiste and Stay Human, Benjamin Booker, The Last Internationale, Johnnyswim, Charlie Hirsch, Anna Lunoe, Rocky Business
Sunday, August 3rd: Kings of Leon, Skrillex, The Avett Brothers, Sebastian Ingrosso, Childish Gambino, Cage The Elephant, Young The Giant, Chance The Rapper, Flosstradamus, Chromeo, DARKSIDE, The 1975, Rebelution, Glen Hansard, Gesaffelstein, Flume, Trombone Shorty & The Orleans Avenue, Run The Jewels, The Airborne Toxic Event, London Grammar, White Denim, Delta Rae, RAC, GTA, Jhene Aiko, Kongos, NONONO, Gemini Club, Crizzly, Bomba Estereo, Bleachers, Bear Hands, Kausea, Bronze Radio Return, Lindsay Lowend, Betty Who, Fly Golden, Eagle, Crass Mammoth, Cardiknox, Space Capone, Plastic Visions, Oyinda