IMG released the preliminary schedule for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia (MBFWA) 2019, with American designer Jonathan Simhkai debuting his Resort collection in MBFWA for the first time. The event will be held in Sydney from May 12th – 18th.
From 2017 to 2018, MBFWA saw a 35% increase in international media attendance, 5% increase in global buyer attendance and 13% increase in designer participation – both on the runway and via The Suites. Now in its 24th year, IMG has again engaged the support of the New South Wales (NSW) Government for MBFWA 2019, further solidifying Sydney as a global fashion capital.
MBFWA will debut Resort 2020 Collections from the region’s most prominent fashion designers, alongside a curated program of emerging talent and international labels. To date, MBFWA 2019 designers include: ALBUS LUMEN, ALICE MCCALL, ANNA QUAN, AJE, AQUA BLU, BASSIKE, BEC & BRIDGE, BENJAMIN GARG, BONDI BORN, CHLOE MOTTAU, DOUBLE RAINBOUU, EX INFINITAS, HANSEN AND GRETEL, JONATHAN SIMKHAI, JUSTIN CASSIN, LEE MATHEWS, LEO & LIN, MADISON HISLOP, MARIAM SEDDIQ, MATTEAU, MNDATORY, PARED EYEWEAR, P.E NATION, TAFE NSW FASHION DESIGN STUDIO, TEN PIECES, THURLEY, TIGERLILY and WE ARE KINDRED.
MBFWA 2019 highlights include:
– TAFE NSW FASHION DESIGN SCHOOL will celebrate 21 years showing at MBFWA
– Lee Mathews will celebrate 20 years in business with her MBFWA 2019 show
– TIGERLILY returns to MBFWA after 17 years, having last showed in 2002; a leader in conscious, sustainable fashion, the brand will showcase an elevated Resort collection of women’s apparel, swim, and accessories in a return to its DNA
– Alice McCall will celebrate 15 years in business with her MBFWA 2019 show
– Justin Cassin (menswear) celebrates his third consecutive MBFWA show, returning to the schedule after officially launching in China, Singapore and South Korea
– Designers debuting on the MBFWA schedule this year include BONDI BORN, Ex Infinitas Jonathan Simkhai, Matteau, and Pared Eyewear.
– Celebrated American designer Jonathan Simkhai will debut his Resort collection at MBFWA for the first time
– Ex Infinitas (menswear) will debut at MBFWA and has confirmed Fabien Montique, Image Director for Off-White and creative consultant to Kanye West, to creative direct
– St.George NEXTGEN will once again provide emerging designers an opportunity to show in front of an international audience; this season’s participating designers are BENJAMIN GARG, CHLOE MOTTAU, MADISON HISLOP and Brian Huynh for MNDATORY
For more information, please visit Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Australia online at mbfashionweek.com/Australia, or follow @fashionweekaus, #MBFWA and #MBFWE across Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for exclusive designer content, livestreams and more.