NEW YORK, July 2013 – Maintaining its long-standing tradition of supporting HIV/AIDS charities, Kiehl’s Since 1851, the venerable New York-based purveyor of fine quality skin and hair care, is announcing its continued partnership with amfAR, The Foundation for AIDS Research, and the fourth annual Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR.
HIV/AIDS awareness has long been at the forefront of Kiehl’s philanthropic efforts, and through partnerships with organizations like amfAR, as well as the Magic Johnson AIDS Foundation, and YouthAIDS, Kiehl’s has proudly donated more than $2,500,000 for the cause. Legendary actress Sharon Stone will be participating by accepting the full donation at Los Angeles LifeRide Finale.
With the mission to heighten awareness, and raise funds for amfAR, the company is embarking on the fourth annual Kiehl’s LifeRide for amfAR, a multi-day, multi-stop charity motorcycle ride taking place July 31 – August 8, 2013, through the Pacific Northwest.
Celebrating with the public at seven Kiehl’s retail stores along the route, the company will donate a total of $125,000 over the course of the ride. At each stop, the public will be invited to meet the riders, learn more about amfAR, and contribute to the organization.
Inspired by Kiehl’s history with motorcycles, spirit of adventure, and philanthropic heritage, the ride will be led by Chris Salgardo, President, Kiehl’s USA and Kevin Robert Frost, amfAR CEO, riding with approximately ten fellow motorcycle enthusiasts eager to join the fight against HIV/AIDS, including John Corbett, Gilles Marini, Kurt Yaeger, Teddy Sears, and World Cup Rugby Champion Ben Cohen. In addition, amfAR’s Global Fundraising Chairman, Sharon Stone, will accept the check for the full donation to amfAR, at the LifeRide Finale, Aug. 8, at The Grove in Los Angeles.
Key partners for the ride include Harley-Davidson Authorized Rentals, the world’s largest provider of motorcycle rentals, and Delta Air Lines, which serves more than 160 million customers each year.
Kiehl’s and amfAR would like all to be a part of this year’s ride, either by attending one of the stop events, or by participating and donating online. The ride will be stopping to celebrate at the following stops: The event is free and open to the public!
- July 31:
Stop 1: Kiehl’s Bellevue Square, Bellevue, WA – 11am – 12pm
Stop 2: Kiehl’s University Village, Seattle, WA – 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- Aug. 1: Kiehl’s Portland, 712 North West 23rd Ave., Portland, OR – 11am – 1pm
- Aug. 4: Kiehl’s Westfield San Francisco Centre, San Francisco, CA – 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Aug. 5: Kiehl’s Fillmore St., 1971 Fillmore St., San Francisco, CA – 12:30pm-2:30pm
- Aug. 6: Kiehl’s Westfield Valley Fair, Santa Clara, CA – 12pm – 1pm
- Aug. 8: Kiehl’s at The Grove, Los Angeles, CA – 12pm – 3pm 189 The Grove Dr. Los Angeles, CA 90036
- The finale will include a celebrity ride up, a check presentation ceremony with Global Fundraising Chairman Sharon Stone, performances by Kelis and DJ Spinderella, an interactive photo booth with Harley-Davidson, temporary tattoo artists and more. The event is free and open to the public.Confirmed celebrities include Sharon Stone, accepting Kiehl’s donation check on behalf of amfAR, performances by Kelis and DJ Spinderella, and celeb riders John Corbett, Gilles Marini, Kurt Yaeger, Grant Reynolds, Kiehl’s President Chris Salgardo, amfAR CEO Kevin Robert Frost, Teddy Sears, Ben Cohen, Jon Beck, Conrad Leach, Tricia Helfer, Jason Lee and Katee Sackhoff.
- CELEBRATION DISCOUNT TO BENEFIT amfAR: Kiehl’s will offer a Celebration Discount of 15% off all purchases at each LifeRide stop store for two days: the day it is hosting an event and either the day before or after (check with each store for details.) In addition, Kiehl’s will offer the 15% Celebration Discount at remaining Kiehl’s retail stores nationwide, Aug. 10 and Aug. 11. Kiehl’s will donate that 15% difference to amfAR, up to the $125,000 total donation.
- DONATE IN STORE AND ONLINE: Visit any Kiehl’s retail store or Kiehls.com/liferide to donate directly to the cause.