MONIKER ART FAIR
May 1 from 3pm – 10pm
May 1 from 8pm – 10pm
May 2 from 1pm – 5pm
5pm – 9:30pm
Ticket Price: $25
May 3 – 5
718 Broadway, NoHo, Manhattan
Moniker International Art Fair is coming to NYC with its 2nd US edition from May 1st through May 5th. Moniker was born from London’s Shoreditch urban art scene, exemplifying the best in emerging and established artists from the urban and street art genres. Held at its new location in NoHo (718 Broadway), this year’s fair is hosting a curated lineup of 28 exhibitors alongside four Special Projects who have aligned with this year’s theme, “Cause & Effect”, which examines our shared roles and commitments in addressing the current state of political, social and ecological injustices.
- Collectors Day, a program of educational talks, panel discussions and networking sessions themed around collecting contemporary and urban art. Speakers include Evan Pricco (Editor-in-Chief of Juxtapoz Magazine); Yasha Young (Director and Curator of Urban Nation Museum, Berlin).
Moniker moves into a new Manhattan location for this year’s fair, housed in a 15,000 square-foot space on Broadway in the heart of NoHo.
- A new collection of mixed-media ‘Concept Pop’ works by Ganzeer in the Open Studios section.
- A retrospective installation by WK Interact that charts the development of the city in relation to his works: those that have remained as nostalgic homage, those destroyed by gentrification and those given new meaning by evolving or regressive city-shaping policies.
- Welcoming, protecting and warning visitors to Moniker are the truly unique large-scale, totemic sculptures by Yok & Sheryo. The installation will spill out into the front ground-floor window of the Broadway venue.
- A SAFE House structure built by the art collective FATHERLESS, which will serve as a rallying point for the fair’s propaganda-styled theme this year. Power-pop celebrations of dissent are displayed in an array of works on wood and paper, both large and small, each created as unique works of art to flip through and take home during the fair’s live printing event.
11.12 Gallery (Moscow, Russia), Analog Contemporary (Philadelphia), Cake Agency (Chicago), Fiercely Curious (Brooklyn), Fousion Gallery (Barcelona), Garey The Third (LA & Hong Kong), Living Art Global (UK), Mazel Galerie (Brussels & Singapore), Perseus Gallery | New York, Paradigm Gallery (Philadelphia), Parlor Gallery (New Jersey) Roman Fine Art (The Hamptons), Vinyl On Vinyl (The Philippines)
Arthur Becker (New York), Burak Karavit (Istanbul), Fatherless (Illinois), Derek Gores (Florida), Nick Fedaeff (Russia), Siris Hill (UK), Txemy & Amaia Arrazola (New York) Ganzeer (Egypt)
Arinze Stanley (Nigeria), Christian Boehmer (Germany), EVOCA 1 (Dominican Republic), Icy & Sot (Iran), Nuno Viegas (Portugal), WK Interact (New York), Yok & Sheryo (Australia and Singapore).